How we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways. For each use, we note the grounds we use to justify each use of your personal information:
Where you are a Website User only
- To provide you with information ► to provide you with information about the Service and other market insight which you have chosen to download from the Website
- Use justification: legitimate interests (to enable us to fulfil your request and understand what type of market information you are interested in)
- To ensure the Website content is relevant► to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, which may include passing your data to business partners, suppliers and/or service providers
Use justification: contract performance, legitimate interests (to allow us to provide you with the content and services on the websites)
Where you are a Representative only
- To provide and manage the Service effectively and conduct our business► to administer our services, including to manage our relationship with your company, to ensure that we are paid and to carry out ourobligationsarisingfromanyagreements entered into betweenyour companyand us, which may include passing your data to third parties such as agents or contractors or to our advisors (e.g. legal, financial, business or other advisors)
Use justification: contract performance, legitimate interests (to enable us to perform our obligations and to provide our services to you.
Where you are either a Website User or a Representative
- To provide you with marketing materials ►to provide you with updates and offers, where you have chosen to receive these. We may also use your information for marketing our own and our third-party integration partners’ products and services to you by post, email, SMS, phone, remoting meetings and faxand, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us as set out below
Use justification: express and implied consent
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website and promote our Service ► to enable you to use bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Website where available
Please note that if you use such interactive features, any personal information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums. We are not responsible for the actions of such other users.
Use justification: legitimate interests (to facilitate discussion)
- To promote our Service ► We may post testimonials and references on our Website which may contain personally identifiable information such as your name. We will ask for your consent before doing so
Use justification: consent
- For research and development purposes► to analyse it in order to better understand your services and marketing requirements, to better understand our business and develop our products and services
Use justification: legitimate interests (to allow us to improve our services)
- To monitor certain activities ► to monitor calls and transactions to ensure service quality, compliance with procedures and to combat fraud;
Use justifications: legal obligations, legal claims, legitimate interests (to ensure that the quality and legality of our services)
- To inform you of changes ►to notify you about changes to our services and products
Use justification: legitimate interests (to notify you about changes to our service).
- To reorganise or make changes to our business ►Inthe event that we are (i) subject to negotiations for the sale of our business or part thereof to a third party, (ii) is sold to a third party or (iii) undergo a re-organisation, we may need to transfer some or all of your personal information to the relevant third party (or its advisors) as part of any due diligence process or transfer to that re-organised entity or third party and used for the same purposes as set out in this policy or for the purpose of analysing any proposed sale or re-organisation
Use justification: legitimate interests (in order to allow us to change our business)
- In connection with legal or regulatory obligations ► Law enforcement, regulators and the court service► We may process your personal information to comply with our regulatory requirements or dialogue with its regulators as applicable which may include disclosing your personal information to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
Use justification: legal obligations, legal claims, legitimate interests (to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities)
[Use justifications [accessible through link]]
Use of personal information under EU data protection laws must be justified under one of a number of legal “grounds” and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use in this policy. An explanation of the scope of the grounds available can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/lawful-basis-for-processing/. We note the grounds we use to justify each use of your information next to the use in the How We May Use Your Personal Informationsection of this policy.
These are the principal legal grounds that justify our use of your information:
|Contract performance: where your information is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you.|
|Legal obligation: where we need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations.|
|Legitimate interests: where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.|
|Legal claims: where your information is necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party.|