Are you attracting the passive job seeker?

It’s a changing workplace. I know it, you know it, and we both realize that the staffing world is being impacted by advancing trends.

Today, about 80 percent of workers are considered passive job seekers. This means these individuals already have jobs, but if the right opportunity came along, they would consider it. The other 20 percent are sending out resumes and actively pursuing job boards.

What real-world results have occurred because of this?

Social is on the rise. Reuters reports that LinkedIn, the popular professional social media network, achieved a 81 percent increase in fourth-quarter revenue in 2012. Following the release of this news, shares of LinkedIn Corp rose nearly 21 percent in midday trading on February 8, 2013.

Meanwhile, the online recruiting company is struggling. According to News and Insight, Monster shares fell about 14 percent to $5.01 on February 7, 2012. The organization posted its second net loss in two years during the fourth quarter of 2012.

What does that mean for staffing firms?

Identifying the high-quality workers isn’t about finding a resume anymore. It’s about monitoring the social sphere. Who’s showing the qualities and skills that could wow a potential client? Staffing firms need to target these passive candidates if they wish to appropriately fill the roles their customers are looking for.

The most highly advanced staffing software can help a recruiter better tackle the task of organizing and placing the right professionals with the right skills to achieve instant success at a client’s company. Get aboard the social train and seek out the passive job seeker who can offer a customer the combination of skills that will get the job done – in whatever industry.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *